Point Defiance Park (5400 N Pearl St.)
Lace up your boots or running shoes for a scenic trek through old growth forests and past breathtaking views. There are not any trails in Point Defiance Park labeled for biking. All trails are foot traffic only.
The outer loop of Five Mile Drive is closed to motor vehicles every Saturday and Sunday until 1:00 p.m. so visitors may run, walk or bicycle along the scenic drive.
Point Defiance Trail Mileage
- Spine trail - Rhododendron Garden to Gig Harbor Viewpoint - 1.3 miles one way, 2.6 miles round trip
- Square Trail Outer Loop - 4.6 miles
- Triangle Trail Inner Loop - 3.3 miles
- Rhododendron Garden Loop - .34 miles
shelter is 215 ft. from the road
- Promenade (one way)
- Owen Beach to Boathouse - .59 miles
- Bath House to west access to Beach - .25 miles
Parking: Parking is available at the entrance to Point Defiance Park, the Boathouse, Funland, Parking Lot B, Owen Beach, Main and Rustic Picnic Sites, at all view areas, Never Never Land and Fort Nisqually. During early hours, the Zoo back lot can be used.
Last Updated: Dec 12, 2011 3:11 PM